The Local 328 Bargaining Action Team is a group of member activists and leaders who will act as an advisory committee to our union prior to and during contract bargaining.
The role of the BAT will be to:
- Help educate members about bargaining
- Assist in designing educational materials about bargaining
- Assist in developing a communications plan before and during bargaining
- Design and engage members in solidarity actions during bargaining
- Help educate and prepare members for more serious job actions during the settlement phase of bargaining
Our goal is to have at least 100 committed new activists on board by September 2018 to work with our union during bargaining. Current leaders and activists are welcome to join as well, of course
A major focus of the BAT will be to take a long term look at bargaining and to help our members prepare for a worst case scenario. The good news is, if we prepare well, the fact that we are ready will reduce the chances of a worst case scenario happening.
To join the BAT, email firstname.lastname@example.org.